pixels of the brain

↑ Grab Pixel's Headline Animator

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

New Year Resolutions... Issit?

I don't really believe in New Year resolutions. I mean, if i don't follow them for the English New Year, then I can do so according to the Lunar Calender, or Tamil New year, or Ugadi.. and the list goes on. I think when I was younger I wanted to quit biting fingernails, but it never happened. But, since I am soo looking forward to 2006 this time round, I think I have a set of things I want to do next year. Review of 2005 Well, the year is not over, but just to reflect... 2005 was intereting. I can't remeber any year as such. Just so many things, both ups and downs. I can't judge which was more. For one thing, it was the year 'Curd Rice Productions' was formed, and it was the year some unbloggables happened. The year I tried so many new things... The year I lost touch with alot of friends, and the year I found some whom I would never wish to part. It was a year in which everything just happened, without any agendas. I don't want 2006 to be agenda-less. I want it planned out. I want to accomplish certain things this year. And I'm looking forward to this new start. So here goes. 2006.... 1) Get my driving license. The image “http://clabedan.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/aston_martin.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. This tops my list. I want my own car by June atleast. Aston Martin... later... I will come there soon. 2) Profit roll for Curd Rice. The company needs a headstart, so I have to derive proposals and increse my clientele. Need to come up with a corporate video for ourselves. 3) School Life. Do much better when it comes to my academics. I think I miss studying. So I really want to sit through lectures and tutorials, and relive my student live. Meet some new folks. I miss that with all the work. 4) Enlightenment Used to go alot to the library to get books and stuff, and just do research and reports for my own entertainment. Might want to take up a topic or 2 next year and enlighten myself. Some topic that could be quite outside media or tech related. 5) Cook Start cooking again. Make breakfasts during weekend mornings. I've lost touch in cooking now forl probably a year, so need to rediscover the skills. Refresh my culinary skills. Will help me with my upcoming TV projects. 6) Refrain from Procastinating I wasn't really someone who pushed my work to tomorro, until 2005. I think I fell into the trap once I could not cope with work at some junctures, and it became a bad habit. I need to break away from that. I know I can do that in 2006. 7) Save Save money to save myself. I need to put aside some cash for certain expenditures i forsee. I can't afford to sit there and cry on a rainy day. 8) Get a Guitar Have been wanting to do that for the past 2 years. Now I have even forgotten basic strumming. I want to be in touch with at least one musical instrument. Got the piano at home. But I want to be able to handle the guitar as well. Its very mobile. 9) Get an Apple I have a G5 in Curd Rice, but I would want one apple for myself. Maybe an Ibook, but if Apple releases something more exciting next year, and if I am feeling rich, I will get that. 10) To forget my past sour experiences I think this is the most important part, as this will affect my 2006 performance. So you've heard it all. Comments?

5 Comments:

Blogger sathya said...

Just for fun:

1. r u still not owning a driving license?
2. corporate video for wat??.
3. studies school gal??
4. book worm..huh
5. spicy in kitchen?
6. workoholic??
7. It wont rain next year,so dont save money.
8. My Alter ego in guitar and piano.
9. Apple releases new model frequently..so wait for a better one....
10. Past is past, future is fast.

These wer the things, i dont want to ask in New year 2006.

12/22/2005 04:50:00 PM  
Blogger Balaji S Rajan said...

Good resolutions. I am happy that I made you to think about your resolutions. I liked your last resolution. Forget the sourness. Yes... that is the right attitude.

12/22/2005 04:51:00 PM  
Blogger Jeevan said...

Nice Resolutions, In your 2006 Plans, I like the Enlightenment, in this generation much don’t like to go Library and read, but your choise in good. Many women are lasy to cook, you like to cook, I appriciate you. And the last one Save, saving money is a nice plan for our future. All the best for your 2006 resolutions.

12/22/2005 06:47:00 PM  
Blogger Pandhu said...

::Sathya::
yeah, no driving license as yet. I am actually a workaholic. Yeah will be getting an apple. Will wait for somehthing i like.

::Balaji::
Thanks Balaji, for setting me thinking. Looking forward to reading your resolutions

::Jeevan::
Glad you appreciate much of my resolutions, but the important part of all is carrying out all of the above.
All the best for resolutions too.

12/22/2005 08:14:00 PM  
Blogger Naresh said...

never mk resolutions! jus bloggd abt it n came hr toh i saw this...

12/23/2005 03:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home