pixels of the brain

↑ Grab Pixel's Headline Animator

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Friend Blogஅ ஊட்டி வளத்தா, தன் Blog தானா வளரும்...

Translation (esp. for Naresh) : If you feed your friend's blog, your blog will grow on its own; adapted from an old tamil saying. Anyway, this blog is about and for Saras, because she is taking eons to update her own blog, I decided to do it for her...since I thought this Kaarthigai celebration she had is worth mentioning. Kaarthigai is this celebration in which hindu homes are lit up with as many oil lamps as possible, and the women in the house make this certain dish called aval pori. Its very nice to munch on. The feeling is very nice. In Singapore it is celebrated, but much on a lower scale. You just see spots of lamps here and there in some Indian homes here; but back in India in my granny's place in Mannargudi, it is a big event, with fire crackers all. Looks like our dear friend Saras had a nice celebration at home too. She shared with me some photos. Here is the kolam that she drew outside her house. Very pretty ain't it? And it is her mum placing oil lamps over her kolam.
I think Saras looks real sweet in that nice churidar of hers don't you think? Her aunt got it for her. You are looking very pretty Saras. Your aunt has a very good taste! Actually your paati looks very sweet also.
Saras told me that she had a fabulous time at home. I am happy for her. Hope you have much more happy celebrations like this Saras. And keep drawing bigger kolams.

11 Comments:

Blogger Saraswathi said...

hey reva!!dat was very sweet of u to put up my photos and write abt karthikai so well...i just cudnt take my eyes off it:P
uh..coming to my blog...just my laziness and disinterest dear...will update it very soon atleast for ur sake..:)

12/14/2005 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger Saraswathi said...

And i just read ur other post below..u seem to be missing frnds right...dont worry abt dat...hum hain naa..keep smiling...and this june am not gonna allow u back to singapore dat fast:))

12/14/2005 12:47:00 AM  
Blogger Leela Vinod Kumar said...

hey, how come u dint mention the safari in the background(behind paati).. thts one heck of a vehicle and tops the list of vehicles i am gonna be owning one day... o and happy kaarthigai.. how was it this time arnd in singapore..?? and wats this abt ure visit here in june.. u never even told me abt it ??? anyways, will get bk to u after my exam...

12/14/2005 04:45:00 AM  
Blogger Balaji S Rajan said...

Your friends house decorations kindled our memories of Karthigai festival. I showed the pictures to my daughter who is 4 years old. She was fascinated. When time permits read my previous blog about Diwali. You will know how much I mean about our festivals. Who can forget those aval urundai, and Pori urundai. I used to fight with my sisters for our neighbours and friends house urundais.

12/14/2005 04:54:00 AM  
Blogger Pandhu said...

yes saras... will be with you this june.

Vinod... was just making plans... un kitteh sollamaiyah?? Just tell me how was you paper.

great news you showed the photos to you daughter balaji. Will catch up with you Diwali blog soon.

12/14/2005 08:14:00 AM  
Blogger sathya said...

Nice celebration in Karthigai...with paati amma...
i miss to celebrate it with my family....
used to fill the "agal vilakku"(lamp) with oil, wenever it gets empty..in my childhood..
recalling my childhood..
and taking me to famous "THIRUVANNAMALAI" deepam now...
used to walk around thiruvannamalai in bare foot...
hope to celebrate it in 2006 in INDIA..

12/14/2005 11:31:00 AM  
Blogger Naresh said...

he he :D i just maild saraswati askng her y she dnt mention abt safari, lo n behold, vinod wrts abt it hr :P

n ya, thnx 4 tht translation. :) n no mistakes in names here... u seem to be improving by the day :P

12/14/2005 01:14:00 PM  
Blogger Krish said...

Good twist to an existing pazhamozhi :-) (now why didn't I think of this before?) :-)

12/14/2005 01:29:00 PM  
Blogger Jeevan said...

urrar vettu pilaiai youte valrtha thaan pillai thanna valarum, But your title is very nice.

We also celebrate the Kathikai theepam, when the theepam lite in Thiruvannamalai (we saw it in Pothikai Tv), we started to lite Lampls.

you friend, had put a nice kolam and karthikai theepam. nice to see u have put a post of u r friend celebration. Thanks for blogroling my New blog.:)

12/14/2005 08:06:00 PM  
Blogger Pandhu said...

HI sathya, i also miss celebrating kaarthigai the traditional way. I hope I can be in India for the next Kaarthigai.

Naresh, Vinod... I think i gotta dedicate a whole seperate entry for the safari na? Looks like it.

Thennavan and Jeevan, thanks for complimenting my blog title. I thought it summarised what I had to say. :p

12/14/2005 11:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...very nice blogs.. I sweet ya..Next time u can add another Photo.. Very sexy like Deepam Or U r Photo ....

12/02/2008 09:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home