pixels of the brain

↑ Grab Pixel's Headline Animator

Monday, December 26, 2005

Air Travel? Does anybody look forward to it anymore?

Air Carriers go all out to woo India's babudom MUMBAI, DECEMBER 25: The recent circular by the finance ministry allowing government employees to travel on private airlines has opened up a new market for private airline carriers. Operators like Kingfisher Airlines, Jet Airways, Air Sahara are going all out to tap this Rs 800-crore plus market through various schemes. However, industry watchers say the government’s decision would have a detrimental effect on Indian Airlines. The airline presently commands a 30 per cent share in the market, which is falling steadily. Analysts expect the airline’s share to fall by a further 3 per cent due to this order - Indian Express, 26th December 2005
When I was younger, and I needed to fly to Chennai, to visit my relatives in Mannargudi, I used to look forward to the travelling part... I would cross my fingers to get the window seat, and from the place take-off to landing, my eyes will never leave the window. I looked forward to the meals they served me too... hmmm how interesting to eat 1000s of feet above the ground? I liked to see the air stewardesses, all pretty and polished... I even liked it when my ears pop after the plane lands, and I will regret it when the flight trip ends. I don't think that is the case anymore. I dread air travel. The past few times I travelled on a plane, I didn't particularly enjoy it. In fact what i remember is just trying to shut the window and sleep off the trip, so that I will barely remember what happens in the plane. The meals in the flight? No way I am going to eat that... and somehow the air stewardesses getting you the meals seem to be getting much older by each flight, well atleast in Indian Airlines, because that is what I am travelling it frequently now. The space between seats is either getting smaller, or I am getting taller..but ppl will choose to believe the former. Oh and don't remind me of the budget airlines. Those are the worst things ever to be introduced. It is like living through a mini hell cell in air. Now the introduction of more budget carriers. I'd rather drive to India the next time. Maybe I should just quit complaining a pay more to get a better airline service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home