pixels of the brain

↑ Grab Pixel's Headline Animator

Saturday, October 29, 2005

iCreate

I became introduced to iCreate - Australia today, the creative Magazine for Mac users. The thing that attracted me to it was the Pro video Apps section, in which the focus was on Final Cut Pro 5 's interface. I also like the feel and design of the magazine. I have always thought the macs look beautiful, and the new G5 is no exception. There was also a CD attached, which included Adobe Go live demo, automator actions for Photoshop, Virtual ForeworX Screensaver shareware, and some iCANDY desktop picz of Mac stuff. I don't own a Mac as yet, but Curd Rice Productions will be owning one next week, but i bought it in the hope of making me understand the Mac OS before i lay my hands on one for the first time. And if Mac impresses me, I am also willing to invest in a PowerBook, or IBook soon, to get away from the PC environment. There was an interesting letter in the 'Talking Mac' section in the mag (its the forum page), a guy has written that;
"I have to admire Bill Gates for making and selling an unfinished product and becoming the richest man on Earth as a result. I hate myself for being stupid enough to buy it more than once in the beileif that he had fixed it. Had I adopted the same practice with cars I would be dead by now"
But you can't just throw away the PC totally now. You just have to teach yourself to be flexible in the PC and Mac systems, because it is the truth that most ppl are still in the world of Microsoft applications.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

hey! i'm getting a mac soon! the imac g5... can't wait... it won't haf final cut pro tho of course.

and it is true wat u say there. i will be using both the pc and the mac...

10/30/2005 09:02:00 AM  
Blogger Pandhu said...

yeah, we are getting the imac g5 also.
But on the personal level, I think I will be purchasing the mac books.
The Ibooks look good, and i badly need a change of interface.
Since you are getting a mac, see if you can find the magazine iCreate.
it is useful.

10/30/2005 09:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home