pixels of the brain

↑ Grab Pixel's Headline Animator

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Copper Snake

Just came back from India today morning, after what I would say, a trip of rejuvenation. 
What else will I call a trip of biking through the Nilgiris, walking through silent valleys and streams, visiting some of the tallest peaks, having meals at places unthreaded by the human kind?
Apart from the planned visit to the Nilgiris, there was quite an accidental visit to a place which I would definitely visit again and again. This was situated in the foothill of Velliangiris at Kovai - Isha Yoga Foundation.
 The first thing that really amazed me, upon stepping into the Isha lands was the architecture. I later heard that the founder of Isha, Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev was into building and architecture himself, amongst some other passions of his such as trekking, biking, writing and so on.
A trip to Isha Foundation, admist the peace of the Velliangiri mountains is something everyone should be doing before the end of their life. The 'Dhyanalinga', the 'Theerthakunda' and such will just be names, until you see and get amazed by one of the largest Lingas in the world sheltered by a dome which emplifies every sound made inside and a submerged mercury linga, solidified at room temperature.
The Isha Yoga Foundation to me, spells tranquility, beauty and peace, and I chose to bring with myself part of the temple, a copper serpent ring - serpents decorate the temple interiors at every possible opportunity they get. For me now, it's gonna be a continuing journey into discovering what nature withholds for me.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Naresh said...

Hey... Nice to know of your trip. Happy Birthday :-D

11/22/2008 12:30:00 PM  
Blogger Pandhu said...

Thanks Naresh!!! Cheers!

11/22/2008 09:02:00 PM  
Blogger Jeevan said...

Hi reva, how are u?

I heard about Isha Foundation and Velliangiri hills. must visit sometime

11/27/2008 07:25:00 PM  
Blogger Ram S Iyer said...

hi balaji
i visited the thanjavur temple last week and commented in reva's blog. my mother's 75th bday went off well (nov 19). keep me posted on any updates. my daughter is here in malaysia studying in the local university (engineering).

Ram S Iyer

11/30/2008 02:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home