pixels of the brain

↑ Grab Pixel's Headline Animator

Friday, March 03, 2006

And what Next?...

A few year back, you just had maybe MSN Messenger and Yahoo for your instant messaging, and hotmail and yahoo again for you emails. But now, of course there is the entry of the big giant google, and life has changes considerably.
I used to only use MSN Messenger some while back, and refused to install any other 'products', until mid last year, my friend forced my to get Yahoo messenger, and since the, my MSN has been sitting in the attic. I can safely say, that I can't even remember who are in my MSN contact list, because most often, I never load it. And then, this year, another of my friends made me get GoogleTalk, for its smaller and simple interface.Apart from these Giants, just last month, I was introduced to Rediff Bol Messenger. Not so much for instant messaging, but for the free SMS to anywhere in India it offered, and first 3 messages to anywhere in the world free.
Call me a purani, but i confess that I have not used PC to PC calling until this year. Not so much because that I didn't know about the feature, but because, I didn't find the necassity to PC to PC talk. And truly speaking, I have not found something satisfactory as yet, probably because my friend's net connection at the other end is slow compared to mine.Thought I was the only one baffled by the surge of messengers, and PC to PC calling softwares, but I chanced upon a similarly confused writer in one of the local newspapers (The New Paper) very recently, and he has given his verdict. He says "Can't choose? Use them All!" No way I am going to use all of them.

7 Comments:

Blogger Naresh said...

in this cut throat competetion, dat service ll win which ll provide most services in least space... n google seems 2 b gng thr!
so 4 me, google is the one...

3/04/2006 04:00:00 AM  
Blogger Pandhu said...

Yeah, I am going with Google and Yahoo. I have long abandoned Microsoft... well nearly abandoned. I just might be prejudiced actually.

3/04/2006 09:14:00 AM  
Blogger Jeevan said...

i have also used G-talk, after changed to Win 98, i cant instal it. Gin Lee's ratings is very info.

3/04/2006 05:23:00 PM  
Blogger smiley said...

Thanks for the info, i am downloading rediff bol, mainly for the free sms, :)

3/04/2006 09:35:00 PM  
Blogger Pandhu said...

::Jeevan::
Yeah i dun think it works on Win 98. I tend to disagree with some stuff that Gin Lee has stated. I still prefer Yahoo and Google messanger to MSN.

::Smiley::
Yeah i did dload rediff bol, but deleted it soon after. Didn't find much use for it. Maybe you might.

3/04/2006 09:56:00 PM  
Blogger Naresh said...

hey reva... The Blogeverywhr toolbar may juz pull u bk 2 msn agn... :P

3/07/2006 05:58:00 PM  
Blogger Pandhu said...

::Naresh::
in anycase the firefox version is gonna come soon. so i won't have a problem. :)

3/07/2006 10:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home