pixels of the brain

↑ Grab Pixel's Headline Animator

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Laziness...

Just a few days back Vinod sent me a Garfield comic strip about laziness. That kinda set me thinking. Is it really possible to be so lazy, that you become completely unaware of what is happening around you? Where is the line? I must confess, that there are some days, that I feel tired (maybe this is a disguise word in place of lazy), and I choose to sleep in late, even skip breakfasts, and maybe grab lunch, then force myself to sleep again, if not TV, or books, and so on...and towards the end of the day, I console myself my saying that it is well deserved laziness, to pay back maybe for my endless working schedule (which just got a pause). And then ironically, I feel tired at the end of tha day, because of lazing.But are there some in the world, who completely refuse to do any work, is it really humanly possible, to just laze for days? Not doing anything? Reminds me of a Vadivelu comedy in the movie "Karkka Kasadara", in which he says that it is talent to remain "Chumma"or "not doing anything". Isn't it human instincts to work? Do animals laze? Is lazing a boon, or a curse to be lazy? What is being lazy? Are procastinators lazy? Are people who are relaxing lazy? If you are going to work all your life to relax during your retired days, then isn't it ok to laze now itself? Do you feel lazy, or do you think lazy? Anyway, don't mistake me... I am not blogging this to justify laziness, (as it already has a bad conotation)... I just want to know the extend of laziness, or the limit for it. Anyway, you don't have to reply to this post, if you just feel to lazy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Saraswathi said...

too good...!!
uh..ask me how lazy one can be..der are days when i just get up,have lunch and den sleep throughout the day...i sleep in the bus,i sleep in the class...i sleep when am free for more than an hour..no limits to laziness in my view...sleep,relax,live ur life..err..in dreams..(yeah of course u got to do ur work at the required time too)

2/21/2006 12:57:00 AM  
Blogger neighbour said...

is that laziness means sleeping..
u know sleeping is a very good exercise for health..

in my view.. no one is that much lazy for not doing any work.. atleast they are bound to some work they love without laziness.

2/21/2006 02:02:00 AM  
Blogger Naresh said...

Laziness is an art reva!
Only maestros lk Saras can master it :P
Jokes apart, bng lazy has no limit. Working tho u ll hv 2 stop when u r tired, bt when ll u stop bng lazy? Thr r many days when i do nuthin, juz wake up late, hang arnd, eat n sleep agn :D
Life is Bliss when u r lazy, infact!
wot say saras? ;)

2/21/2006 03:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jeevan said...

I hate lasyness, i just sleep for 6 or 7 hours everyday.

2/21/2006 05:18:00 PM  
Blogger Saraswathi said...

now how can i disagree with naresh..very true..life is bliss when u are lazy..today i just slept thru the day as usual...

2/22/2006 07:59:00 PM  
Blogger Pandhu said...

::saras:: ::naresh::
hmm... started your quarrels here too??
anyway, i was the laziest today. I slept until like nearly 11am.
And i still feel sleepy..
Contemplating on whether to continue my slumber.

2/23/2006 11:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home