pixels of the brain

↑ Grab Pixel's Headline Animator

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Art and Words...

Did and aptitude test recently, and one of the questions was about in which area does my talent lie in most. They gave me a few options, like clay works, knitting etc, and I chose painting. Frankly speaking, I wouldn't consider myself a painter, actually maybe an artist, but not a painter. I was never good with paints, rather, I found at ease expressing myself using just pencil, pen, or maybe even pastel.

My art often varies, depending on my moods.. I never had a 'Rose Period' where I had a collection of similar themed works. Frankly, I learnt and got to appreciate art during Maths lessons in secondary school. My texts were often hidden amongst various designs of my mind. Anyway, one of my favourite pieces was this Christ picture, that I drew 3 years back. This one has a major difference as compared to any Christ depicted in Churches, and paintings. You might want to take a closer look at his hand area. I drew this, as according what the human anatomy must have allowed.I have always wanted to give pictures that were either controversial, or made people think, even if they didn't look gorgeous or picturesque. I detest paintings of nature like the sunset or green fields etc, or maybe because I was jealous that my art was never that realistic, like being able to pop out of the paper.

I have always loved Dali, because of the way you can discuss about his works for hours, and how each time you look at it,1 you find something new, and fun. Take a look at this. (This isn't Dali btw). Fun isn't it? For me, Art must be fun, and must be able to speak a thousand words.. literally.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeevan said...

Nice Drawing reva.:)

2/22/2006 05:26:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jesus had the nails driven into the area below the wrists...hmm..interesting...The second drawing was brilliant! who was the artist?

2/22/2006 07:13:00 PM  
Blogger Saraswathi said...

reva..as i already told u after reading that aptitude test of urs..u are real talented gurl!!
art is something,even if u are not good at it,u can surely appreciate the works of others...each picture shud surely speak for itself...
2 good drawings out der..who was the artist of the 2nd image??

2/22/2006 07:57:00 PM  
Blogger Pandhu said...

::Jeevan::
Thank you..

::Vikram H::
yeah, you got it right. usually he is cruxified in his palms, but the palms anatomically contain weaker bones, which are quite not strong enough to handle the weight, and they should have given way. Wrist bones seem a better choice.

::Saras::
Thanks saras. Yeah a picture must speak for itself.

* I am not sure of the artist of the second picture. I am trying to find out. I got the picture as a forward a long time back. If any of you know, pls tell me.

2/22/2006 11:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home