pixels of the brain

↑ Grab Pixel's Headline Animator

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

Just came back after watching the Chronicles of Narnia. I don't know how many of you guys have read the book.. I have not. Am not particularly a fantasy movie fan, with the exception of Harry Potter (and that too only the book); just decided to give this one a go.
The image “http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/65/The-chronicles-of-narnia-poster.jpg/200px-The-chronicles-of-narnia-poster.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
The movie was very extravagant, just like any other fantasy movies, but its exciting to watch stuff like these once in a while to just appreciate the imagination of others, and the animation work put in, the concept development etc. It is nice to explore every children's dream and fantasies of things that might or might not exist. I mean, how can you prove that there wouldn't be a whole new land of Narnia behind a particular wardrobe, without even exploring? I don't know whether any of you had imaginary friends when you were young, in the least bit... but I had a friend called PerCas (yea, it is Casper inverted). I used to sit in the school bus, leaving a space for him.. talked to him, during breaks, and totally believed he was true. I didn't care of what others tought of me. To me, it was fun living in my own world, with my own friend.
The image “http://www.darkhorizons.com/2005/narnia/narnia10.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Do watch this flick, if you have some time to have fun.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jeevan said...

Nice to read that you had imaginary friend . Me too have a imaginary girl friend, i share my thoughts and dreams with her, when i was alone. i will try to watch this movie.

1/03/2006 06:33:00 PM  
Blogger Balaji S Rajan said...

It was nice to know about you to give place for your imaginary friend in the bus.LOL... People are different. I have thought about Anjaneya coming in a small lilliput shape through the window and climb my pillow and say 'Get up' at my ears. This was when I was a child and heard the Ramayana story from my Grandma. But later was shocked when I read about Honey Shrunk the kids... idea. We were never poor of crazy ideas.

1/05/2006 07:06:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thats cool! i hadnt seen any of these pics before and now im waiting to watch this movie!...I was quite a character myself, so i didnt find the need for an imaginary character! ;)

1/05/2006 01:31:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And the million dollar home page was damn cool!!!!

1/05/2006 01:33:00 PM  
Blogger Naresh said...

will wait 4 itz release in India then!
btw, am bk in campus...

1/05/2006 05:51:00 PM  
Blogger Pandhu said...

::Jeevan::
nice to know you have an imaginary girlfren. I have a fren, who is middle aged, and he too has a imaginary girl friend, who is actually made up of all the qualities he likes. He talks to her everyday, and she listens and responds as well..
How poetic.

::Balaji::
oh yes, we were never short of ideas. I like your mini anjaneyar. he must have looked cute. Sometimes, i wonder where my percas when.. actually he hasn't gone anywhere.. he is still inside me..

::Vikram::
oh yes, you gotta watch the movie. well you might not have had any imaginary frens, but i am sure you would have some childhood fantasies. you did didn't you? like searching for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow?

::Naresh::
hope it gets released there soon.
catch it.
enjoy campus.

1/06/2006 12:50:00 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

haven't had the time to go see the movie and i actually thought it was a kiddies flick...but now too many ppl are changin my mind about it...shud catch it soon....and the million dollar page....wow!

1/06/2006 03:22:00 AM  
Blogger Pandhu said...

::Sid::
Kiddies flick it is..
but you know..
once in a while... this is a not bad kiddies flick..so worth watching.

1/06/2006 07:56:00 AM  
Blogger Known Stranger said...

yet to get released in india yar.. let me wait for big screen to show in chennai multipleex

1/06/2006 06:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home