pixels of the brain

↑ Grab Pixel's Headline Animator

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Pongalo Pongal!!!

Today is Pongal and mum made 2 types of Pongal... Pongal with Vellam (Jaggery) and Venn Pongal, and she made a Vegetable Kootu. I wasn't able to capture the pongal pot while the pongal was overflowing. If any of you guys are not familiar about Pongal, and want to know more, I suggest you visit Jeevan's blog. He has done a pretty comprehensive entry. This is my mother's beautiful kolam, she called it the Paavakai (Bittergourd) Kolam. Cute ah? Thats me with my sister and the entrance of my flat. Oh thats not the most interesting part of the whole story... I invited an Orkut friend, Guna over for lunch at my place...it was sooo cool. It was fun talking to him, and to hear about his family and his home back on Veloor. Celebrations are so fun when you have your friends and family over. Happy Ponggal once again... பொங்கல் நல்வாழ்த்துக்கள்!

11 Comments:

Blogger Naresh said...

Ahoy! Am da first to comment :D
hey reva, u r mkng me miss home n da food 2de.. :P
Anyway, hv a gr8 time...
Happy Pongal

1/14/2006 05:50:00 PM  
Blogger Shriedhar said...

Hi.
happy pongal to u too :)

1/14/2006 07:17:00 PM  
Blogger sathya said...

happy pongal...reva...take care
i am in singapore now..

going to india tomorrow

1/14/2006 07:53:00 PM  
Blogger Leela Vinod Kumar said...

naresh, watever happ to u speaking in tamil today ???

grrr8 pics

1/14/2006 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger Jeevan said...

Nice photos friend. my mom also put a big pongal kolam and, the nice thing is we cooked the pongal in sandpot. Wish you a Happy mattu Pongal and Kaanum Pongal.:)

1/15/2006 03:08:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures Reva, vaazhai illaila saapaadu & the kolam everything looks beautiful. Wish you a very Happy Pongal

1/15/2006 06:25:00 PM  
Blogger Swamy VKN said...

Your pictures remind all about home and associated nostalgia working here at Muscat. Cute pictures. Happy pongal to you too Reva. Have fun!

1/15/2006 07:44:00 PM  
Blogger Sid said...

hey reva...i remember u mentioning dat u were plannin to get a new phone. well i got a new one..its nice. check out my blog for details.

1/15/2006 09:36:00 PM  
Blogger Shriedhar said...

Hi..

This novice blogger invites u to visit his blog coz he has written a maha long post(possibly the longest :) )
u may like it:)

WELCOME to my blg :)

1/15/2006 09:54:00 PM  
Blogger Balaji S Rajan said...

Good pictures of Pongal. They make us hungry. The Kolam is very good. Convey our special wishes to your Mom and our appreciations. I love Kolams. I used to help my sisters putting it during my younger days. Nice to know from you about Singapore too.

1/19/2006 06:01:00 AM  
Blogger sailu said...

Wonderful pics!

1/19/2006 12:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home