pixels of the brain

↑ Grab Pixel's Headline Animator

Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Myth - Unreal

Went to watch JC's new flick, The Myth yesterday. I won't miss a Jackie movie for anything at all. I know I was guaranteed a 2+ hour entertainement, the moment I purchased the tickets, and I wasn't disappointed. Jack (Jackie Chan) is a dreamer, and often has the same type of dream, involving him as a ancient dynasty warrior general, and having to save the Concubine of his state and so on. In real life he is an archealogist. The rest of the movie is quite cliche, about how he goes to India in search of a certain myth about some floating coffin of an Indian prince, and in the process, realises that the dream he has been having is bouts of memories of his previous life. The movie is full of illusions, and after some time, I got sick of all those effects and flying and stuff, and it totally mystical and mythical. You can't find a drop of truth in it anymore. But it was totally entertaining nevertheless. Mallika, the Indian beauty, just comes as a glamour queen. Jackie speaks abit of Malayalam in the movie, to the Temple guards, and err...good try. For those who have watched the movie, feel free to comment. For those who have not...watch it and comment. For those Jackie fans out there, you might love his boxers in the movie. I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home