pixels of the brain

↑ Grab Pixel's Headline Animator

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Back to the Island...

To those out there, who are still unaware, I back to Singapore after my 2 year escapade to Chennai. No more Radio Jockey, No more Hello FM, No more VIARAGA or REVAVUDAN, and I am back on a job hunt. Touched back to town on 22nd March 2008. And the first thing I spotted which I did not remember from my 22 years in Singapore was the Terminal 3 construction in Changi International Airport.I don't see why anyone should believe that Singapore is a small country when we present such monstrous architectures (Architecht: Skidmore, Owings, Merrill). Its great to be on smooth roads fringed with purple bougainvillas blooming all season, and travelling with the absence of continous honkings. Sheltered pathways never give you a chance to get wet in the rain, and tender coconut sales along the road... who would even think of that, when there are pet-bottles for all drinks, and milkshakes and bubble teas. Who needs huge trains, with dirty toilets which excrete on railway tracks when we have the SMRT train service. And did I tell you all those sleepless nights launching 7 radio stations around Tamil Nadu? Wait a minute...Do I feel like I am missing something?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Saraswathi said...

Hey Reva,

It's really a surprise that you are back to Singapore.But am kind of happy about the aspect that you are back with your family:)

Am sure the 2 years of your exposure to Chennai life must have taught you lot of things.

All the best for your job hunt and future at Singapore :)

3/26/2008 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Jeevan said...

Nandri, Mendum varuga :)

I wish you have a pleasant life again in Singapore, take care and let we know how was the journey in chennai for last two years.

3/27/2008 03:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home