pixels of the brain

↑ Grab Pixel's Headline Animator

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Womad

"WOMAD is back! Perhaps the closest thing we have to Woodstock-type fests, the World of Music, Arts and Dance Festival promises three evenings of exciting entertainment, with performances by over 14 artists from around the world, music and dance workshops, wellness activities, and of course lots and lots of food and drinks!

Among the notable performers - Dhol Foundation (UK/India), drummer Bill Cobham (USA), singer Sheila Majid (Malaysia), reggae DJ Apache Indian, and our very own Wicked Aura Batucada.

So gather your family and friends, get your picnic mats, and indulge in some serious world music, participate in workshops, try out holistic treatments, or just chill out under the stars!"

I just came back from this year's WOMAD, and man it was really really fun. I just loved the music and the crowd and the dance. We really enjoyed ourselves. Just when I was thinking that I didn't bring my camera, 2 gals from the WOMAD organinsing team came out of nowhere to take a shot of us, and gave us the pic instantly. That was really exciting!!!
That is my WOMAD wrist band on the right!
That's the photo taken at WOMAD. That's Dhinesh with me... I'm definitley going to the WOMAD 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home