pixels of the brain

↑ Grab Pixel's Headline Animator

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Varsham - Rain

I am well aware that the movie came out in 2003...but to me, only recently have I been tapping my feet to the song, "Nuvvostanante Nennodantana". Chitra is superb. Songs in the movie are well picturised, and the colourful settings are truly Telugu. The movie can't do without Prakash Raj. Trisha could have been given a stronger charachter. (But I liked her rain dance nevertheless) Prabhas's performance is excellent, and in my opinion he is here to stay
This is my first Telugu movie I have watched. And I loved the witty jokes, and Prabhas's acting. Then other song in the movie is a duet... "Mellaga" by SPB Charan and Sumangali. I loved this song the instant I heard it. Funny that both the songs that I like in the movie are set in the rain.
For those who have not watched Telugu movies at all..start here... instead of watching the next new Chiranjeevi flick, or Jr. NTR flick. Seriously.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a 'time pass movie' in typical hyderabadi terms. devisriprasad has done a excellent job when it comes to music. the songs are the high point of the movie. but the rest of the movie falls to flat. the hero prabhas' voice is pathetic. the film reminds us of jayam and nijam .but u still.... can watch the film. it seems the director shoban has done a teja.

8/28/2005 10:22:00 PM  
Blogger Pandhu said...

Awards for Varsham in 2005 Filmfare Awards

Best Cinematographer - S Gopal Reddy
Best Music (telugu) - Devi Sri Prasad
Best Film (Telugu) - Varsham
Best Actress (Telugu)- Trisha

4 awards in the Filmfare. Not bad for a time pass movie I think. I agree with you Prathyush, Devi Sri Prasad has saved the movie.

8/28/2005 10:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home